Get the Most of Your Session
- Be candid with your therapist. Discuss any concerns so they may be addressed.
- If you have a specific goal in mind, discussing the possibilities will set the intention for the session.
- Eating a large meal just before a session is not recommended; hold off "filling up" until after the session.
- Unless absolutely necessary, turn off your cell phone and pager during the massage.
- Stay hydrated after your session. Drinking water will help things flow better.
- If possible, remain in a stress-free environment for the rest of the day.
Facebook Like Button
Healing Touch, developed by Janet Mentgen RN, BSN, is a type of complementary healing using hands-on and energy-based techniques to balance and align the human energy field. Body, Mind, Emotion and Spirit are touched through this therapeutic process, and each individual is empowered to participate fully in his or her healing journey.
All healing is basically self-healing. A physician can set two bone fragments in place, but the body itself finally heals the split; the physician simply directs and facilitates the process. Healing Touch is a different and complementary mode of facilitating the healing process, but functions from an energy perspective rather than a physical one. The Healing Touch practicioner re-aligns the energy flow, re-activating the mind, body, spirit connection to eliminate blocks and resistance to self-healing.
Because Healing Touch influences the whole person on all levels, it is appropriate for everyone and can take place in any setting including:
- Healing Centers
- Delivery Rooms
- Hospice Care
- Accident Scenes and Sports Venues
- Homes and other Care Facilities
Find a Healing Touch (HT) Provider by rolling your mouse over "HOME" on the Menu Bar above.
The music you hear is "Healed, Whole and Healthy" by Karen Drucker.
Listen to more of her original music at http://www.karendrucker.com/